lynx-dev

lynx-dev Re: -post_data

From: Webmaster Jim
Subject: lynx-dev Re: -post_data
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 07:49:51 -0400

On Tue, Oct 19, 1999 at 04:49:02AM -0500, Klaus Weide wrote:
> On Tue, 19 Oct 1999, Webmaster Jim wrote:
>
> > echo '
> > number=6552
> > ---
> > ' | lynx -post_data http://www.NetB D.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl
>
> What's happening to your capital S? :)
 (Anti- pam)

> You are making it more complicated than necessary - the following works
> just as well:
>
>  echo 'number=6552' | lynx -post_data ...

Perhaps, but having parameters on physical lines is easier to read (for
me at least), and for cutting and pasting. I've also used this method
for making the input shorter:

echo "uid=${uid}\
&pwd=${pwd}\
&sid=${sid}\
&---" | lynx -post_data http://blender/~oracle/cgi-bin/insert-record.cgi

Also, this follows the help usage:

    -post_data       user data for post forms, read from stdin,
                     terminated by '---' on a line

------
<http://www.altavista.com/cgi-bin/query?q=%22web+home+for+jim+spath%22>
Marvin the Paranoid Android says:
You realise whilst I was doing that I also calculated the number
of oxygen atoms within a radius of ten light years of here?
But I don't expect anyone to appreciate me for it.