lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev lineeditor bindings (was: Sending mail)

From: Leonid Pauzner
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lineeditor bindings (was: Sending mail)
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 1999 15:26:29 +0400 (MSD)

28-Aug-99 00:46 Klaus Weide wrote:
> On Fri, 27 Aug 1999, Harri Tuominen wrote:
>> On Thu, 26 Aug 1999 18:05:16 -0700 (PDT) Doug Kaufman <address@hidden>
>> wrote:
                                                 ^^^^^
MS-DOS platform, see below

>> > This was a change in the standard lynx distribution (I think it was
>> > Klaus's change). To have it work the way you were used to, edit
>> > lynx.cfg and in the KEYMAP section put:
>> > KEYMAP:e:DWIMEDIT
>>
>> Thanks. Would it be a good idea to mention this in the "readme.dos"?
>> Editing textarea externally is a very useful alternative for those who
>> use a Braille display or a screen reading software.

> You can also set "Line edit style" in the 'O'ptions Menu to "Bash-like
> Bindings" (save the preference to disk if you like), and then use
> "^xe" (without the KEYMAP change being necessary).  Control-x then acts
> as a prefix key for various line-editing function.  See the related
> Line Editor Help for some of the details.  (Yes, that's 'Control-x F1'
> while in an input field - provided the F1 key works right).

The truth is that EXP_ALT_BINDINGS now became enabled by default

  --disable-alt-bindings                (define EXP_ALT_BINDINGS)
        Compiles-in an alternative set of line-edit bindings, in addition
        to the default bindings.

but DJGPP makefile was not updated for this flag so "Line edit style"
choise is not available for MS-DOS users currently.