lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Licensing Lynx: Summary

From: Janina Sajka
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Licensing Lynx: Summary
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 1999 13:38:19 -0400 (EDT)

Please understand that I am misquoted in this message. Lynx is today, and
has been for years, by far the best and most accessible browser for a
blind computer user, imho. There is no problem using Lynx with a screen
reader, because the screen reader programs have dealt with the supposed
problems Lynx presents, as they have with similar issues in other
applications.

This message, and previous ones here, lead me to wonder why you think you
are qualified to build products for blind users? Do you have experience
with assistive technologies? What have you worked with in the past?

I know I would not try to sell my own services to Cisco as a designer of
routers, because that is not my expertise. I would like to suggest that
expertise is required to build credible assistive technologies. The
comments I read in this message do not give me confidence in your
credentials.

                                Janina Sajka, Director
                                Information Systems Research & Development
                                American Foundation for the Blind (AFB)

address@hidden