lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev DJGPP bug introduced between dev.6 and dev.8

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev DJGPP bug introduced between dev.6 and dev.8
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 1999 00:26:08 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 4 Oct 1999, Leonid Pauzner wrote:

> Trying lynx on yet another DOS machine I found a strange phenomenon
> I've never seen before:
> with dev.8, when I press 'q' to quit lynx session I got my EGA display
> messed up totally with strange symbols... so I need to reboot machine.
> No problem when I exit with ^C or using an earlier version dev.6
>
> Not sure this could be recreated with another hardware
> but do you have any idea, Doug?

I don't have any ideas from your description. Was this compiled
with WATT-32? PDCurses or SLang? Do you have a version of ansi.sys
(ansi.com, nansi, etc.) running? What happened with a clear screen
(cls) command? Is this independent of the video card? What kind of
"strange symbols" did you see? Does resetting your codepage with the
MODE CON CP PREPARE and MODE CON CP SEL commands do anything?

I only have SVGA to test on. I went from CGA to SVGA. I've never seen
a real EGA display.

I can't think of any changes between dev.6 and dev.8 affecting DOS
other than a possible switch to WATT-32.
                               Doug
__
Doug Kaufman
Internet: address@hidden (preferred)