lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev patch to spawn extra lynx's

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev patch to spawn extra lynx's
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 14:40:54 -0400 (EDT)

> I'm not completely new to this; I added the current index insertion
> commands to lyx, and wrote the mail-merge patch. Even so, most of what
> I program is at a high level, rather than low.  Text parsing for lyx,
> and using Fortran to bash numbers into submission.
>
> The first burning question is making the patch.  Right now I'm coding
> against the debian source for 2.8.1.  I cp -a 'd this directory,  so
> will

2.8.1 was a year ago (we've made a number of changes - though it depends
on where your changes are - since this is probably in LYMainLoop, there's
been a lot).

>    diff -r -b -B lynx-2.8.1 orig.lynx-2.8.1 | zcat > mypatch.gz
>
> Give a diff of a useful form for you folks?
>
> And should I be using a 2.8.3.pre instead?  The advantage of what I
> have is that it's already configured for my system.  Also, I see a
> series of .3.dev patches, but not one to go from .1 to .2.  Where can I
> find this (if I should be using it), and do I apply all of the dev
> patches in order, or just the most recent?

The current version of lynx is 2.8.2 (2.8.3 in development)
It's available at
        http://lynx.browser.org
        http://sol.slcc.edu/lynx/release
        ftp://lynx.isc.org/lynx-2.8.2