lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev cache control

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: lynx-dev cache control
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 09:05:19 -0400 (EDT)

990913 Henry Nelson wrote:
> I've said way too much already.
>       <http://www.flora.org/lynx-dev/html/month0899/msg00629.html>

which comments on 2-8-3dev.7 [start of quote from HN's message]:

> * let CJK charsets default to 7 Bit Approximations.
> Needed to display entitie in the decimal 160-255 range.
> (Restore behavior before the changes made to declarations
> of charsets on 1999-03-04) -HN

This piece of code should never have been incorporated
into _even_ development code.

-- polite rant snipped -- [end of quote from HN's message]

whatever does this have to do with this thread?

> I am still of the belief that the cache code never should have been
> put into Lynx, and that it belonged in a cacheing proxy.

do you mean ALL document cacheing?
what about the toiling masses who lack access to a proxy?