lynx-dev

lynx-dev beginner Windows 95 problem

From: Scythe X
Subject: lynx-dev beginner Windows 95 problem
Date: Sun, 05 Sep 1999 20:09:53 PDT

I downloaded a version of Linx at:

http://www.fdisk.com/doslynx/wlynx/lynx_w32.zip

However, now that I have decompressed the file, I am presented with... with something, I'm not sure what it is (could be a chicken). I think it is the compiled version. The problem is, I have no programming skills except for html and some javascript, and in the readme file it says something about configuring a .bat file!?

More or less, I just cant seem to get the damn thing to work!

I mean, I READ that readme file... I poured over ever word again and again and again!! What am I, some kind of a nincompoop!? Look, this is a serious blow to my self-esteem, I mean... *sob*

I am sure you have your own problems to deal with, but I mean, something's not right. I could not get the compiled version of Linx working despite reading all of the documetnation included with it.

If you help me I will try to make a readme file, so that others do not have to go through the hell and torture of getting Linx working!! (seriously)

I am really sorry if the multiple exclamation marks at the ends of my sentences startled you. I'm serious about me making a readme file.

Scythe_X

"Under total surveillance there is no need to bear the price of maintaining one^Òs identity. You simply live under the illusion of being an individual. What could be easier?"