lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev "Invalid" cookie handling

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev "Invalid" cookie handling
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 1999 10:44:47 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 2 Sep 1999 address@hidden wrote:

>  I am embarassed to send this to the whole list, but: what is the format
> for INVALID_COOKIE_LOOSE_DOMAINS and the like (which I am trying to point
> to clubs.yahoo.com)? My efforts are not working, even with
> "-accept_all_cookies",
> and LYNXSETTINGSSTATUS keeps reporting "Unsupported URL scheme".

No need to feel embarrassed for asking, but maybe for asking without
telling us what version you are using. :)

INVALID_COOKIE_LOOSE_DOMAINS:<first_domain>,<second_domain> [ and so on ]

Take the <domain> (or each <domain>, if you need more than one) from what
is shown on the Cookie Jar page (^K) after you have accepted the cookie(s)
in a test run, in the same form as shown there (i.e. with or without a
leading '.').

But you may be on the wrong track anyway.  All that listing a domain in
INVALID_COOKIE_LOOSE_DOMAINS does is save you a prompt.  If you never
get an "invalid cookie" prompt that gives you a chance to accept the
cookie(s), listing the domain in INVALID_COOKIE_LOOSE_DOMAINS cannot
do anything.  (Effectively all it does is provide a default answer
for such prompts.)

"Unsupported URL scheme" sounds like something completely different.
I doubt very much it has anything directly to do with cookies.  More
likely the dervice just isn't accessible with a normal lynx, probably
because of "https:" URLs.

You have to provide more info for more help, for example Lynx.trace
excerpts, see `lynx -trace', and exact URLs.

   Klaus