lynx-dev

lynx-dev lynx HEAD requests

From: Mark Jeftovic
Subject: lynx-dev lynx HEAD requests
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 17:10:24 -0400 (EDT)

Hi, I'm debugging a piece of php3 code that's misbehaving on occasional
HEAD requests to a given URL.

I noticed that doing a "lynx -head" to the same troublesome URL works fine
(as does telnetting to port 80 and doing it by hand).

I wanted to read the lynx source that's doing the head request but as I've
never looked at it before I don't seem to know my way around too well.

Looking in LYMain.c I see:

if (HEAD_request && LYCanDoHEAD(startfile) != TRUE) { ... }

which seem to be booleans, and in LYMainLoop.c I start to get lost between
all the WWWDoc.isHEAD's and the newdoc.isHEAD's.

I can't seem to find the actual function that sends the HEAD request
and then retrieves the results.

I'm not on the list so if you could cc me that would be great, otherwise
I'll be checking the archives periodically.

Any pointers appreciated

-mark

---
|||| mark jeftovic    (MJ177)   ====  http://SlingShot.to/StuntPope/     ||||
|||| easyDNS Technologies Inc.  ====  http://www.easyDNS.com/            ||||
 dns hosting / domain registrations / web forwarding / mail forwarding / etc