lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev references on right side of links?

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: lynx-dev references on right side of links?
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 23:49:26 -0400 (EDT)

990830 Thomas Dickey commented on Gerald Oskoboiny's request:
>> One of the nice features of Lynx is its ability to generate a
>> nice-looking text dump with numbers next to each link and a list
>> of references at the end. (using lynx -dump)
>> But I'd like the numbers to appear on the right hand side of the
>> link text rather than the left, to be consistent with the style
>> of footnotes/references in technical papers etc.
> someone did suggest this recently, and it's still on my to-investigate list.

i don't remember seeing anything about this before,
but my vote -- as someone who does use this feature -- would be `No':
i'm too used to seeing the link number to the left in WWW documents.

of course, maybe i am just reacting
like those stick-in-the-muds i have confronted in the past ... (smile)