lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Wow, w3m really DOES look cool

From: mattack
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Wow, w3m really DOES look cool
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 18:47:18 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 30 Aug 1999, Philip Webb wrote:

>Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 21:25:11 -0400 (EDT)
>From: Philip Webb <address@hidden>
>To: address@hidden
>Subject: Re: lynx-dev Wow, w3m really DOES look cool
>
>990830 Matt Ackeret wrote:
>> I finally got a look at w3m.
>> Wow, it looks pretty good on a lot of sites, like Yahoo and imdb.
>> I hope I can set this up as an external viewer for Lynx
>> to have one key hit be able to render Lynx's current page in w3m.
>
>so like, don't keep us all in suspense!
>what is it & where can we get it ... ?

Sorry.. it's been discussed here before, but it's an alternate text
browser..  http://ei5nazha.yz.yamagata-u.ac.jp/~aito/w3m/eng/

Especially since the author says:
Future work

   ...Nothing. As w3m's virtues are its small size and rendering speed,
   adding more features might lose these advantages. On the other hand,
   w3m is still known to have many bugs, and I will continue fixing them.

...in his discussion of the "history of w3m", it sounds like it won't get
huge new features, but I'm impressed at how well it does things like sidebars.