lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev User Agent

From: John Hawkinson
Subject: Re: lynx-dev User Agent
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 01:06:47 -0400 (EDT)

Continuing somewhat of an old thread; today I noticed that
www.movielink.com (aka www.moviefone.com) seems to give lynx a 0-line
text/html page, whereas changing the user-agent fixes that.

Is there a normal protocol for resolving these issues with
web site maintainers? Since this is a high-visibility site,
I thought I'd inquire if there was a history.

What would folks think of a feature that allowed one to associated
a user-agent name with a particular web-site, so that one could
more easily access recalcitrant web sites without annoying
manual configuration?

--jhawk

p.s. Anyone know what happened to the 2 patches I submitted
in late July?:

lynx-dev Command line support for numbered form inputs
http://www.flora.org/lynx-dev/html/month0799/msg00881.html

and

lynx-dev Special handling for TERM=sun
http://www.flora.org/lynx-dev/html/month0799/msg00882.html

neither showed up in 2.8.3dev6 nor was there any dissention
about the patches as far as I saw.