lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev stopping when viewing a site

From: Henry Nelson
Subject: Re: lynx-dev stopping when viewing a site
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 12:50:20 +0900 (JST)

> By first viewing some text (with non-ASCII characters) in some other
> display character set (non-ASCII, non-CJK, non-transparent), and *then*
> changing to a CJK d.c.s. and loading the problematic text, the hanging
> may not happen!  (Somebody should confirm this.)  Not sure whether the

Confirmed.  (It's one of the things that made me give up and just change
that NULL to something -- anything.)  First look at a page with a problem
ALT with Cyrillic (KOI8-R) and then change to a CJK; the characters show
up as the 7-bit approximations, and no hang.

> are not NULL.  (OTOH with his change there are multiple character sets
> that claim to be the default (with 'isdefault'); that doesn't look right.)
> Before your changes around 1999-03-04, CJK character sets were not
> present in UCInfo[] at all, and LYCharSet_UC[i].UChndl always had -1
> for them, so that UCTransUniChar() would use the def7 default directly.

Thanks for the clarification.

__Henry