lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Command-line options and DOS [patch]

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Command-line options and DOS [patch]
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 1999 22:10:34 -0700 (PDT)

On Sun, 1 Aug 1999, Gisle Vanem wrote:

> I don't agree that "-wdebug" switch should be handled specially
> like this (only "-help", "-show_cfg" etc. needs such special early
> attention).
>
> The PARSE_FUN should be sufficient provided dbug_init + sock_init are
> moved much further down in main() function and after parse_arg() is
> called. "-nosocks" and "-lss" should IMHO be treated similarily.

I certainly have no objection to the change. Is there a place in the
file that you think is optimal?

> >     __system_flags = 0x501D;

> This looks too cryptic. I vore to use the contants from djgpp's
> <stdlib.h>:
>
>     __system_flags =
>        __system_emulate_chdir        |  /* handle `cd' internally */
>        __system_handle_null_commands |  /* ignore cmds with no effect */
>        __system_allow_long_cmds      |  /* handle commands > 126 chars  */
>        __system_use_shell            |  /* use $SHELL if set */
>        __system_allow_multiple_cmds  |  /* allow `cmd1; cmd2; ...' */
>        __system_redirect;               /* redirect internally */

These are equivalent to 0x501D. If this makes it easier to follow
the code for future maintenance, it seems reasonable to do. I didn't
anticipate that this would need to be changed in the future, but
perhaps that was just too naive on my part.
                             Doug

__
Doug Kaufman
Internet: address@hidden (preferred)