lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Command line support for numbered form inputs

From: John Hawkinson
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Command line support for numbered form inputs
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 1999 22:56:27 -0400

I don't believe this is an appropraite discussion for lynx-dev,
so I've dropped it from the cc list.
I could, of course, be wrong, but believe I am erring on the safe side.

Do you speak with any sort of authority for the lynx project
or lynx-dev mailing list?

In message <address@hidden>, Philip Webb writes:
>990730 John Hawkinson wrote:
>> [ I am not on lynx-dev, so please cc me on any relevent correspondance ]
>
>i believe this is the 3rd time you've sent in a patch with this request.

No, it is the second, they were two consecutive patches.

>if you want to be taken seriously by the club, you really should subscribe:
>we're all volunteers & you're asking us to put in extra time ourselves
>to save you a bit of time deleting messages.
>
>it's free & you can unsubscribe anytime ...

I believe that the maintainers of a package should accept patch submissions
from the public community without requiring members of that community
to subscribe themselves to a mailing list. Most packages do this.
I would go so far as to characterize this practice as "accepted".

If I was proposing radical changes of direction or significant feature
enhancements, then familiarizing myself with the community by joining the
mailing list would be appropriate. But I am not. These are minor
enhancements.

If what you suggest is policy, please ensure that README is updated,
in the section on patch submission.

--jhawk