lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Deny access for non standard browsers

From: David Woolley
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Deny access for non standard browsers
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 08:14:06 +0100 (BST)

> why would you want to exclude Lynx users?

I suspect what he is really trying to do is to exclude crawl mode,
but is not sufficiently familiar with Lynx to understand that it
is an interactive browser as well (or with IE to understand that it
is a crawler as well).

Amusingingly, this was on the squid mailing list, and the squid
home page contains a statement that it looks good with lynx and
a link to the lynx site!

He got no answers on the list except my defence of Lynx and wget
(I pointed out that he should use robots.txt), so I suspect that
the general view was that what he was asking was technically impossible
and/or there was no sympathy.