lynx-dev

lynx-dev link/headline coloring bug when using character-set=utf-8

From: Bruno Haible
Subject: lynx-dev link/headline coloring bug when using character-set=utf-8
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 12:21:27 +0200 (MET DST)

Hello,

Lynx version 2.8.2rel.1, built on linux-gnulibc1, and configured with
  ../configure --enable-nls --enable-prettysrc --enable-warnings \
               --with-included-gettext --with-screen=ncurses
has the following strange behaviour: When the $HOME/.lynxcfg contains the
line

character_set=UNICODE (UTF-8)

(I set this parameter through the options screen), then in both xterm and
Linux console, links are not highlighted in blue any more, and headlines
are not underlined any more. Only when a link is left via the cursor up/down
keys, it gets highlighted in blue (was red before).

In other character_set values I tried, all links are highlighted in blue,
and headlines are underlined.

This occurs in both standard and utf-8 xterm, and with plain ASCII HTML
pages.

Any idea? It seems that the LYutils.c:highlight function does something
correctly which the initial screen display does not do correctly.

Regards,
                     Bruno