lynx-dev

lynx-dev -prettysrc, html comments and cr/lf problem

From: Leonid Pauzner
Subject: lynx-dev -prettysrc, html comments and cr/lf problem
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 13:57:08 +0400 (MSD)

I found out a bug with prettysrc mode, minor one.

Any web browser should render HTML pages with LF or CR/LF end-of-line symbols
(the latter mostly on Windows-generated pages) and give the same visual output
for both end-of-lines. Lynx do so. Unfortunately, in some special situations
prettysrc mode works differently.

If HTML comment <!-- xxxx --> consinst of several lines and line breaks are
cr/lf then in prettysrc mode we see an extra blank line between lines within
the comment.

I can not provide the URL (doing experiments on my local files) but this
should not be a problem to download html page from any Microsoft IIS server
and insert <!-- , --> somethere in.

Leonid.