lynx-dev

lynx-dev Re: partial not working on ftp:// url's (?)

From: Frederic L. W. Meunier
Subject: lynx-dev Re: partial not working on ftp:// url's (?)
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 02:20:37 -0300

Kim DeVaughn <address@hidden> wrote:

>In the process, I noticed that "partial" wasn't working, and that
>all I got was a blank screen until the entire dir list was received
>(since the network was slow, and since the alt subdir listing is
>~1.5 Mb, the wait time was considerable).

Well, I have a problem with ftp too and isn't new. I have a 56K modem (maybe
a problem) and it's like a 14.4 with my ISP. http works nice, displaying all
the pages even when I only get 5bytes/s. The problem is that sometimes when
I use Lynx to ftp to a site, it stop displaying the contents (files,
directories etc) and just displays:
/ directory

Current directory is /

If I use ctrl+r, it reloads the page and display again just those 2 lines.
And if I try to connect to another ftp, for example ftp.urbi.com.br (my
ISP's ftp, not slow), I get the same result. I only get Lynx working fine
again with ftp if I restart the browser.

I'm using Lynx 2.8.3.dev4 compiled with Slang 1.3.8 on Linux 2.2.9. Now I
compiled this version with PASV (never used it) and I can't reproduce it for
now maybe because I used ftp only a few (maybe 5 connections) times.

I really don't know if it's a Lynx problem, but I got this in the past with
the Lynx shipped with my RedHat 5.1 (2.8.1?) and with some 2.8.2.dev,pre,
and rel.1. Keep in mind that I can't reproduce it when I want. I get it
after 10, 100, 1000 or X ftp connections. I allways use Lynx with a
XTerm/rxvt, but I don't think the problem is with the terminal emulator.

--
Frederic L. W. Meunier = Niteroi, RJ - Brazil = Tel: +55-21-620-7173
Contact: address@hidden,urbi.com.br} = IRC: _19751127