lynx-dev

lynx-dev partial not working on ftp:// url's (?)

From: Kim DeVaughn
Subject: lynx-dev partial not working on ftp:// url's (?)
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1999 14:28:16 -0600

I just had occasion to lookup the newgroup cmsgs for a particular
newsgroup at isc.org.

Since I wasn't sure of the exact spelling of the newsgroup's name,
I just wanted to go to the "alt" subdir, and search/scroll around
from there.

The url is: <ftp://ftp.isc.org/usenet/control/alt/>

In the process, I noticed that "partial" wasn't working, and that
all I got was a blank screen until the entire dir list was received
(since the network was slow, and since the alt subdir listing is
~1.5 Mb, the wait time was considerable).

So (without digging into the code) I'm wondering if "partial" is
supposed to NOT be working with ftp:// url's, and if that is the
correct behavior, why ...?

Also, FWIW, if the dir list xfer is interrupted with either the "z"
key, or a ^G, the part of the listing already received does not get
displayed until a ^G (or a 2nd ^G) is issued.

/kim