lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Lynx 2.8.3.dev4+Slang 1.3.8: arrow keys not working?

From: brian j pardy
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Lynx 2.8.3.dev4+Slang 1.3.8: arrow keys not working?
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 1999 15:18:02 -0400

On Sat, Jul 17, 1999, T.E.Dickey wrote:
> > If we're having this many problems, something should DEFINITELY be
> > included at release time, because I'd expect this to bite a number of
> > users, and I don't expect anyone wants to see "Why don't my arrow keys
> > work with 2.8.3?" every couple days.
>
> um - we already agreed afaik to restore the hardcoded values for slang users.
> (but since it's a minor issue for which someone sent a workable patch, we can
> move on).

Ah, I hadn't realized a decision was reached.

I'm all for getting rid of the hardcoded values because they make for
maintenance problems.  If we could just document where to fix it for
some of the easier problems (ie, go grab a working vt100 terminfo
entry from ftp.foo.tld), or provide compile-time switch to
enable/disable it, that'd be great.

--
Excessive login messages is a sure sign of senility.