lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev strcasecomp/strncasecomp

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev strcasecomp/strncasecomp
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 20:40:31 -0400 (EDT)

> Hello, Lyncei,
>
> As of dev.3, strcasecomp and strncasecomp in HTString.c were
> character-set-independent.  In dev.4, they were made ASCII-specific.
> Was this necessary?  Why?  How may I accommodate this need while
> restoring the character-set-independence?

there's three versions - M$, ASCII and EBCDIC.  (or that's my impression).
Does Hiroyuki Senshu's (or is that Hiroyuki's) patch break the EBCDIC version?

(I figured people would argue about whether the speed is really that different,
and we'd get some sort of consensus about whether it was enough to be useful).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden