lynx-dev

lynx-dev CGI POST parameters bugs

From: CyberPsychotic
Subject: lynx-dev CGI POST parameters bugs
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 09:42:04 +0400 (MSD)

Hello people,
 Maybe this bug has already been reported, but I searched net and didn't
find any reference, however here's what seem wrong to me:

I have two html pages, first and second ones are results of some cgi script
which generated this form. now that's what I do:

 I fill in the form, then press submit (form uses post method). The form
gets submited, and on the second page script just places an <a
href="scriptname">foo</a> link to itself. Now when I `click' this link, the
script gets previous parameters submitted again via post method. This might
be considered not being a bug but feature, but neither of other browsers
(NC,MSIE) behave this way.

Unfortunately I don't have time to track down the problem in source code, so
no patches yet, but if you, people are too busy, I will play with it over
comming weekend and send you a fix.

 regards
 Fyodor