lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev LYNX: history-page itself not put onto history stack!

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev LYNX: history-page itself not put onto history stack!
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 19:01:42 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 14 Jul 1999, David Combs wrote:

> Why this change?
>
> I found, before the change, that history-pages served as nice
> visual "marks" in the history stack.
>
> Now, if I do a history (backspace) and then choose one of
> those items to go, or some new place to go to, and go there,
> and come back, it "jumps over" that (old) history page.
>
> Because, I suppose, it was never put there.
>
> WHY was this change made?

WHAT change?  I mean, between which versions?

The HISTORY page was never put on the history stack, normally.[*]
Please check again.

Maybe you confuse HISTORY with VLINKS?  (Or even LIST?)

[*] There is some trick by which one could/(probably)can force
    the HISTORY page to appear on the stack - basically, invoke
    PRINT menu from the HISTORY page - but I assume you are not
    talking about such an obscure thing.

   Klaus