lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev user agent when running lynx via crontab entry?

From: Kim DeVaughn
Subject: Re: lynx-dev user agent when running lynx via crontab entry?
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 1999 05:28:33 -0600

http://www.imdb.com/StudioBrief | mail address@hidden

| So I thought adding the -useragent and parameter to the above would work..
| and it does work when I do it manually at the UNIX command line..  But in
| my crontab entry which just ran, I still got back the "we're not letting
| you connect" message..
|
| What's the deal?

I dunno ... perhaps some weird kind of "quoting" problem in your
particular crontab ...?

Anyway, I made the above command into a one-line (well, two ... can't
forget the  #!/bin/sh  line) shell-script, and the requested page ended
up in my mailbox OK, when I executed the script.

You might try that (have your crontab invoke a shell-script containing
the cmd), instead of having that line/cmd in your crontab, per se.

Don't forget to chmod the script to 0755, or some such ...

/kim