lynx-dev

lynx-dev Automatically submitting forms

From: robchee
Subject: lynx-dev Automatically submitting forms
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 1999 14:27:55 -0400

Hi,

I'm trying to automatically submit a post to a form using the command
    lynx -post_data < myfile http://www.webaddress.com/cgiscript >
output

Currently I am not able to connect to the server to send the information
to the script.  I
get the following error message:
    lynx: Can't access startfile http://www.webaddress.com/cgiscript

I was able to do successfully to do 2 things successfully that make that
message confusing to me:
1.  send the data through a form using netscape as my web browser and a
form with method="post"
2.  use the lynx -post_data command on a sample cgiscript on my server
with no problems

Are there any other options I need that I don't know about to make this
work?

Thanks,

Rob