lynx-dev

lynx-dev for more control, use EXTERNAL to handle mailto: in your mailer

From: asgilman
Subject: lynx-dev for more control, use EXTERNAL to handle mailto: in your mailer
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 22:43:35 -0400 (EDT)

Re:

>        lynx-dev LYNX: linking to a "mailto:address@hidden": how to "CC"?
>     * From: David Combs <address@hidden>
>     * Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 23:15:50 -0700 (PDT)
..

>Now, thinking about it a bit, re-reading what I have just
>written, I *now* decide that yes, indeed, I *do* want
>to do a CC (and maybe several other things one can usually
>do in a mail program).
>
>Lynx's current scheme gives me no way to do this; it's too
>late.

You would really like to be able to say "use mutt to process mailto:"; and it
would all be built in.  It is not quite that slick, but you can make your
favorite mailer an EXTERNAL handler and it is almost that slick.

Review the documentation on the external command capability.

Klaus pointed this out to someone else recently, IIRC.

Al