lynx-dev

lynx-dev Re: -dump etc

From: HenSiong Tan
Subject: lynx-dev Re: -dump etc
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 22:30:54 -0400 (EDT)

Dear Klaus and all,

Your prognosis looks right ... it is difficult to imagine
otherwise.

Anyhow, please allow me to take this opportunity to thank
everyone for contributing to making lynx into such a great
piece of work!  Thank you!

Regards,
HenSiong

 :> From: Klaus Weide <address@hidden>

 :> >> Hello Tom,

 :> >> If you have time, would you take look at this: how is it possible that
 :> >> doing this

 :> >>    lynx -nolist -dump http://www.gospelcom.net/rbc/odb/odb.shtml

 :> >> a number of times (about a second+ in between) download different days'
 :> >> pages (yesterday's and today's)?  I discovered this accidently when
 :> >> this cron job starts displaying previous day's message---even though
 :> >> the page at the site has already been updated.  (Thus viewing the page
 :> >> directly with lynx is different from what the dump above gets.  Another
 :> >> example is http://www.gospelcom.net/ itself.)