lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev 2.8.3dev.1 patch 1 - compile problem

From: Ismael Cordeiro
Subject: Re: lynx-dev 2.8.3dev.1 patch 1 - compile problem
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 15:03:16 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 12 Jun 1999, Klaus Weide wrote:

> Sorry - I overlooked this in my patch (and Tom didn't catch it).
> This should fix Ismael's compile problem.  It only comes into play
> if ALLOW_USERS_TO_CHANGE_EXEC_WITHIN_OPTIONS is defined (and the
> old-style options menu is compiled in),

Yes, I'm defining ALLOW_USERS_TO_CHANGE_EXEC_WITHIN_OPTIONS and yes, I'm not
disabling the very practical old-style options-menu. Your patch fixed the
problem. Thanks.

> which apparently doesn't apply to most installations.

Other installations may have other related problems. On a FreeBSD system,
compiling Lynx out-of-the-box with just "./configure" and "make" gives

./LYOptions.c: In function `popup_choice':
./LYOptions.c:3181: too few arguments to function `touchline'
*** Error code 1

Stop.

Ismael

       | ISMAEL CORDEIRO            | mailto:address@hidden      |
       | Production sound mixer     | http://www.ismael.cordeiro.com/ |
       | Montréal - Québec - Canada | ftp://ftp.cam.org/users/ismael/ |