lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Tables in Lynx

From: Ami Fischman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Tables in Lynx
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 10:52:00 -0700 (PDT)

> All the more reason for trying to use "the proxy, download, or external
> options already available", if you feel that way.
> I am still bewildered that not more people are trying the scripts
> in the TABLES section in
>    Linkname: Patches and plugins for Lynx
> This indicates to me that there isn't THAT much SERIOUS demand for table
> support.

I don't think that's a logical conclusion.  At last check, that section
contained only options that would format a table, but taking out the links.
At least for me, the main reason to wish for table support in lynx is the
multitude of sites that use tables to format their web pages for navigation
purposes.  A table that contains the text but not the links is completely
useless to me in this capacity...

--
   --Ami Fischman <address@hidden || http://www.fischman.org/ami>
                        finger address@hidden for public PGP key.