lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev problems w/ remarq

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev problems w/ remarq
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 1999 03:07:01 -0500 (CDT)

On Fri, 11 Jun 1999, Henry Nelson wrote:

> > I may do a patch for this, but will wait till Tom has done something
>
> Of course you're welcome to, but I wonder if the time were not spent
> more wisely by explaining the referer problem to web page authors, even
> if it does fall on deaf ears most of the time.

Maybe more wisely, but probably not more effectively.  I would appreciate
if everybody did that, but, realistically, I know I won't spend much time
like that.

> Not patronizing such sites is also a way to fight back.

I don't patronize those sites; if it doesn't work with Lynx, I tend to
assume the site is broken, not lynx, and, if I have time to check, that
turns out to be true most of the time.  So I go elsewhere.

I'm afraid I am less confident in mobilizing the Lynx masses for changing
the world than you...

    Klaus