lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev I justq

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev I justq
Date: Sat, 5 Jun 1999 16:20:09 -0700 (PDT)

On Sat, 5 Jun 1999, I forgot..... wrote:

> > Please write back and
> > let us know:
> > 1. The platform you are using (e.g. Windows98,
> > MSDOS, unix, OS/2, etc.)
> > 2. The name of the file that you downloaded, and
> > where you got it from.
> >
> >                                  Doug
> SOrry... I am using Windows 95, and I downloaded it
> from DOWNLOAD.COm. The file name was lynx2-8-1

The link from download.com is broken. This links to the source code
even though it claims to link to the binary. This is only useful if
you want to compile a lynx binary yourself. To start using lynx from
Windows95, go to "http://www.fdisk.com/doslynx/lynxport.htm";. Read
the page about the lynx port and download the binary from there.
You should run lynx from a batch file. Modify the batch file in the
package from fdisk to reflect the directory where you put lynx, then
make a shortcut to lynx.bat and put it in your desktop. That is all
you need to get started. Read the documentation in the package, then
write back to address@hidden if you still have problems.
                                     Doug
__
Doug Kaufman