lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Lynx 2.8.2pre7 + wrong link segfaults

From: Frederic L. W. Meunier
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Lynx 2.8.2pre7 + wrong link segfaults
Date: Sun, 30 May 1999 01:53:25 -0300 (EST)

Thomas E. Dickey wrote:
>thanks - I fixed this path today (though I don't see a reason for it
>to dump core, I noticed that the call to HTSprintf was incorrect).
>That HTSprintf should have been an StrAllocCopy (dropping the '&').

Hi again. 2.8.2pre9 is working fine with this bad link. I just get the
Alert. This lynx was compiled with --enable-debug in case I have problems.

I have a question about the User Mode option. The default is set to
Novice, but I noticed that various friends and others wonder why lynx
isn't showing the URL at the bottom of the page. And they rarely
know what to do to change it (if they read the docs...). You only get
this with Advanced. Maybe Novice should be used to this (3 help lines and
the URL)?

Thank you all for your good work. I can't live without lynx :)