lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Lynx 2.8.2pre7 + wrong link segfaults

From: dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Lynx 2.8.2pre7 + wrong link segfaults
Date: Sat, 29 May 1999 08:36:13 -0400 (EDT)

> >>           ^^^
> >> A little excessive?
>
> >I didn't notice that (perhaps the source of the problem).
> >Some people like to get their money's worth.
>
> I compiled 2.8.2pre8 now without my CFLAGS line and I get the same result.

so far I cannot reproduce a problem - but back to the original report:

        Hi. Maybe this is a stupid report, but at the HomePage
        http://www.simpleweb.com.br/info/perguntas.shtml there's a bad link
        pointing to file://localhost/C%7C/www/contrato. I accidently entered
this
        and Lynx core dumped. Lynx was compiled with slang 1.3.6.

when you get a core dump, can you get a walkback, e.g., with the 'where'
command of gdb?

        gdb lynx core
        >where

that would be more information.  Also, does that file exist on your machine?
That would be another bit of information.  (We need to know where the program
went when it died).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden