lynx-dev

lynx-dev LYNX: cookies, site doesn't think I have them.

From: David Combs
Subject: lynx-dev LYNX: cookies, site doesn't think I have them.
Date: Thu, 27 May 1999 03:09:29 -0700 (PDT)

Here's all the info, grabbed from the screen:

                                             Guardian Unlimited | Registration

   [1][unlim_logo_network.gif]
     Guardian Unlimited
     Registration
     Access Denied
     Please check that you have cookies enabled on your browser.

   What are cookies and why do we use them?

   Guardian Unlimited uses cookies to help speed up entry to our network
   of sites. Cookies are small pieces of information that are stored by
   your browser on your computer's hard drive. Our cookie will store
   your registration identity, enabling registered users to log on to
   our sites without needing to give their username or password, and
   also to post messages on our bulletin boards.

   If there is a problem with cookies when you try to access our sites,
   please 'enable' them (ie turn them on) as follows:

   MAC
   Netscape users
   From the menu bar, choose Edit, Preferences, Advanced, and click on
   'accept all cookies'.

   Internet Explorer users
   From the menu bar, choose Edit, Preferences, Receiving Files,
   Cookies, and click on 'never ask' on the pulldown menu by 'when
   receiving cookies'.

   PC
   Internet Explorer 4.0 - 4.5
   From the menu bar, choose View, Internet Options, Advanced, Security,
   Cookies, click on 'always accept cookies'.

   Internet Explorer 3 and lower
   Cookies are automatically enabled. (Users accessing the site from PCs
   running Internet Explorer 3 and Windows 3.1 may experience problems.
   If so, please upgrade to Internet Explorer 4 or any version of
   Netscape. Click [2]here and follow the simple instruction to download
   Netscape, and [3]here to download a new version of Internet Explorer.

   If you wish to find out more about cookies click [4]here.

     [5]Access Denied
     To registration & log in.

--------- Here is where I was before I got that msg about "do you allow
cookies?"  or whatever:

                         Lynx 2.8.2pre.4 (16 May 1999) ([1]development version)
- [2]compile time options

File that you are currently viewing

   Linkname: Welcome
http://www.newsunlimited.co.uk/AC/setguestcookie.cgi?section=News&host=www%2Enewsunlimited%2Eco%2Euk&uri=%2Fcomment
          %2Fstory%2F0%2C3604%2C53246%2C00%2Ehtml&userid=4G9Dbb01
    Charset: iso-8859-1 (assumed)
     Server: Apache/1.3.1 (Unix)