lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Re: Now released Lynx2.8.2pre.4 for Win32

From: Lloyd G. Rasmussen
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Re: Now released Lynx2.8.2pre.4 for Win32
Date: Wed, 26 May 1999 08:47:57 -0400

At 08:19 AM 5/26/99 +0900, you wrote:
>Good morning. (Now time is 8:05 am at Japan)
>
>Dear Lloyd G. Rasmussen:
>>Thank you for the fast reply.  I already tried ctrl-S, and it does work to
>>put information to the clipboard.  If I was going to remap that keystroke,
>>I think I would map it to Alt-C, meaning "copy to clipboard", similar to
>>the Ctrl-C of Windows.
>
>The inside code of the key which it wants to assign can be known
>by keytest.exe contained in Lynx archive.
>
>>I would like to paste information from the clipboard.  Especially, I would
>>like to find a URL in a Windows program, copy it to the clipboard, then
>>paste into a Lynx Goto prompt.  I was trying to use the Windows facility of
>>alt-Space, Edit, Paste, but that doesn't seem to work.  I am not using the
>>mouse for these operations.
>
>Hiroyuki's As for Lynx, ^W is assigned to the function of paste.
>
>And, because it overlaps with the function of Lynx from before,
>these functions aren't assigned to ^C and ^V.
>
>Of course, if a sauce code is changed, I want to respect the possible
>culture which has been succeeded to since before.

  I understand that.  I will try alt-C and alt-V when I have time.
Meanwhile, I tested ctrl-W and it does work!  Good job.  I couldn't find
info about ctrl-W because it is written in Japanese somewhere and was not
obvious to me in the diffs.  It also does not appear on the 'k' keymap
list,  probably because it is only active in Goto or some other text input
modes.  I adjusted the URL guessing in the Lynx.cfg for better operation in
the USA, and I am very happy with your version of Lynx.  Thank you for
working with it and improving it.

Lloyd Rasmussen, Senior Staff Engineer
National Library Service f/t Blind and Physically Handicapped
Library of Congress    (202) 707-0535  <address@hidden>
<http://www.loc.gov/nls/>
HOME:  <address@hidden>   <http://lras.home.sprynet.com