lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.2dev.25d-cpp.patch.gz

From: Vlad Harchev
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.2dev.25d-cpp.patch.gz
Date: Thu, 6 May 1999 02:39:35 +0500 (SAMST)

On Thu, 6 May 1999, Vlad Harchev wrote:

> On Wed, 12 May 1999, Henry Nelson wrote:
> >
> > And I wish they would use the Internet for that, not my disk space:
> >      http://www.slcc.edu/lynx/current/lynx2-8-2/lynx.cfg
> >      http://www.slcc.edu/lynx/current/lynx2-8-2/userdefs.h

  If user is unable to run lynx (something goes wrong), then there is no use
from documentation on the Inet (especially when user tries to solve the
problem with lynx settings).

> >[...]
> > I sort of feel like I'm embarking on a trip by foot across the Gobi and
> > this guy gives me a suitcase full of watches and tells me I can sell them
> > for a bundle when I get across the border.  Yeah, right.
>
>   IMO this is a bad analogy. I consider this as:
>  If you had an old English-(Some-Language) dictionary without indexes on the

or any other useful book without page numbering, table of contents and concept
indexes, and gift - the same book with these things.

> right side of the pages, that was printed in 70s, and somebody made you a gift
> - a colorful, nicely printed dictionary (for the same language and the
> same number of words translated) with indexes.

   and you ask that guy not to give this gift to anybody, since YOU consider
it useless.

>[...]

 Best regards,
  -Vlad