lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.2dev.25d-cpp.patch.gz

From: Henry Nelson
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.2dev.25d-cpp.patch.gz
Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 08:58:36 +0900 (JST)

> > This could be done better by simply rewriting lynx.cfg in its
[...]
> How will you do categorization with editor? As for me, I start studing

Perhaps I don't understand what you mean by "categorization." What I'm
saying is, the most economical way I can think of to logically organize
configuration parameters is to _edit_ (rewrite) the configuration file
itself. You can find an example of what I'm referring to at:
     http://163.51.110.11/lynxdev/hacks/USERDEFS.gz

> information duplication in distribution. OK, after both of them are
> generated they will contain nearly the same information, but in
> different formats. If

This is duplication of content. I see no reason for it. The
re-formatting is of no value to me.

> user has desire to print it, *.html files will be much more useful for

On my system, it is MUCH easier to print a plain text file. To print an
html file, I first have to run it through Lynx to format it in text.

__Henry