lynx-dev

lynx-dev Big download names from web sites (again)

From: John Bley
Subject: lynx-dev Big download names from web sites (again)
Date: Thu, 6 May 1999 03:45:57 -0400 (EDT)

>From CHANGES (dev26/pre1):
* correct a buffer overflow in LYDownload.c (reported by John Bley) -TD

First, thanks.  I'll hopefully take a look at that part of the patch and see
if I can use it to solve the remaining problems.

OK, now it at least doesn't segfault.  It handles the name, and I can
use specialized DOWNLOADERs to save to that name.  I can even delete and
save to a different (shorter) name with the default downloader.  However,
the specialized DOWNLOADER option still
  * displays a strange off-by-one when deleting the name on the status line
  * displays blanks when I then type in a name like "foo" (still moves
    the cursor, just writes blanks to the screen)
  * doesn't actually save the file to the new name I enter (but doesn't
    crash now, either)

Still in the middle of exams, but next week I should have time to do
more involved hacking on the latest pre patch.

--
John Bley - address@hidden
Duke '99 - English/Computer Science