lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Can't get whole page..

From: David Woolley
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Can't get whole page..
Date: Wed, 5 May 1999 08:15:09 +0100 (BST)

> It's been sitting at:
> Read 7 KB of data, 7 KB/sec.

This is quite a common occurrence, at least up to version 2.7.2 on
Linux 2.0.30 kernel (libc 5 - Slackware 3.1).  I've had some success
recently with ^Z fg, on the assumption there is some sort of race
condition on the select call, although I've never been able to spot
any obvious problem in the source code.

I think it is particularly prone to problems where there is a lot
of packet loss.

I thought I'd seen an update claiming to fix something in this area
recently.