lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev structured description of lynx.cfg settings

From: dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev structured description of lynx.cfg settings
Date: Mon, 3 May 1999 10:50:17 -0400 (EDT)

> > btw - I intend making the next patch to 2.8.2pre.1 (unless someone
> > advises me of serious problems which are not fixed in the patches
> > that I've received).  On my own list, I have a build problem with
> > VMS, and some unfinished testing with Solaris' gettext.
>
> Do you consider adding NLS support for data input a new feature ot a bug
> fix? I haven't gotten around to it, and think that gettext is broken if
> it asks a French user (o/n) but accepts (y/n).

I may have missed an occurrence, but HTConfirmDefault does this now:

PUBLIC BOOL HTConfirmDefault ARGS2(CONST char *, Msg, int, Dft)
{
    char *msg_yes = gettext("yes");
    char *msg_no  = gettext("no");
    int result = -1;

            } else if (TOUPPER(c) == TOUPPER(*msg_yes)) {
                result = YES;
            } else if (TOUPPER(c) == TOUPPER(*msg_no)) {
                return(NO);

(I know it won't work well if "yes" and "no" begin with the same character,
but lacking an example, it works for the languages I know about).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden