lynx-dev

From: Laura Eaves
Date: Sat, 1 May 1999 19:26:20 -0400 (EDT)

I'm back after a long absence -- don't know how long I'll stay.

As for this thread:
I haven't looked at parser code lately, but as I remember
tagsoup treats </p> as if it were <p> (see comment in SGML.c)
whereas the "sorta-SGML" parser treats </p> as a junk tag.
I don't know which is right.
Klaus would know how to fix the parser if it indeed is a bug.

The workaround (which works for both parsers) is
to put a <p> before the first <pre>.
Putting the extra blank line at the start of the first <pre>
fixes the problem with Klaus' parser but
causes the tagsoup parser to spit out an extra blank line.
Ciao.
--le