lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.2dev.23

From: Bela Lubkin
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.2dev.23
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 13:47:12 -0700

Philip Webb wrote:

> (2) TD should not revise in any significant manner someone else's patch
>     without submitting his version to the list for everyone's comment.

Sorry, this is ludicrously wrong.  The ability and willingness to modify
(for the better) submitted patches is one of the very core capabilities
of a good development coordinator.  Tom does a very good job of this and
I hope he will not take any mind at all of your unilateral declaration
to the contrary.

Implementing what you suggest would bog the entire development process
down into an endless series of "committee" arguments, similar to this
long pointless thread about which URL to make the default.  I suspect
that after a bit more of that, most of the core developers would stop
participating.