lynx-dev

lynx-dev Win32 docs patch (was: Lynx and downloading files)

From: Webmaster Jim
Subject: lynx-dev Win32 docs patch (was: Lynx and downloading files)
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 09:38:39 -0400

On Mon, Apr 19, 1999 at 01:19:59PM +0100, Don Adaway wrote:
> In article <address@hidden>, Doug
> Kaufman <address@hidden> writes
> >This sounds like a problem with your cp.exe program. Do you have it
> Many thanks for solving the problem.  Cp.exe was not in a directory in
[ ... ]

I noticed the INSTALLTION file did not mention lynx_save_space, which
could be good to know for installing on Win32, so here's a doc patch:

*** INSTALLATION.df     Tue Apr 13 05:39:16 1999
--- INSTALLATION        Mon Apr 19 09:29:31 1999
***************
*** 602,608 ****
      not just Lynx.

! IV. Compile instructions -- Win32 (Windows95/NT)

      The original Win32 port was built with Borland C++ 4.52, but later
      versions reportedly can be used.  Before compiling the Lynx sources, you
--- 602,608 ----
      not just Lynx.

! IV. Compile instructions -- Win32 (Windows95/98/NT)

      The original Win32 port was built with Borland C++ 4.52, but later
      versions reportedly can be used.  Before compiling the Lynx sources, you
***************
*** 849,855 ****
     used by Lynx.  This should be checked later along with reading lynx.cfg
     after you have installed Lynx.

! 2. Win32 (95/NT) and 386 DOS
     These ports cannot start before setting certain environment variables

     (adapted from "readme.txt" by Wayne Buttles and "readme.dos" by Doug
Kaufman)
--- 849,855 ----
     used by Lynx.  This should be checked later along with reading lynx.cfg
     after you have installed Lynx.

! 2. Win32 (95/98/NT) and 386 DOS
     These ports cannot start before setting certain environment variables

     (adapted from "readme.txt" by Wayne Buttles and "readme.dos" by Doug
Kaufman)
***************
*** 866,871 ****
--- 866,872 ----
      TEMP or TMP  Bookmarks are kept here with no HOME.  Temp files here.
      USER         Set to your login name (optional)
      LYNX_CFG     Set to the full path and filename for lynx.cfg
+     LYNX_SAVE_SPACE  The (modifiable) location for downloaded file storage.

      386 version only:
      WATTCP.CFG   Set to the full path for the WATTCP.CFG directory
***************
*** 877,882 ****
--- 878,884 ----
        set home=d:\win32
        set temp=d:\tmp
        set lynx_cfg=d:\win32\lynx.cfg
+       set lynx_save_space=d:\download
        d:\win32\lynx.exe %1 %2 %3 %4 %5

      In lynx_386, a typical batch file might look like:

FWIW, this diff can't do "-u": -(

bash-2.01$ diff -u  INSTALLATION.df INSTALLATION
diff: illegal option -- u
Usage: diff [-bitw] [-c |-C Lines|-D String|-e|-f|-h|-n] File1 File2
       diff [-bilrstw] [-c |-C Lines|-e|-f|-h|-n] [-S File] Directory1
Directory2

------
<http://www.altavista.com/cgi-bin/query?q=%22web+home+for+jim+spath%22>
Marvin the Paranoid Android says:
My capacity for happiness you could fit in a matchbox...
(without taking the matches out first)