lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev lynx with -color and -lss

From: Larry W. Virden
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx with -color and -lss
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 1999 06:43:15 -0400 (EDT)

>> but the resulting binary doesn't support the -color
>
>the -color option is a hack for the slang library (basically
>says do color even if the terminal description says it doesn't).
>lynx does color automatically if you are linked with ncurses.

>installed ncurses terminfo), you should be able to get color with lynx
>with no problem.

That is - if you use a terminal emulator capable of supporting color, configured
in the proper way, you should be able to get color with lynx with no problem.

If you are not getting color, tell us what OS, what terminal emulator,
what $TERM and what terminfo entry you are using - perhaps it's a matter
of not using the right combination.
--
Larry W. Virden                 <URL: mailto:address@hidden>