lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev lynx and ncurses and gpm

From: dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx and ncurses and gpm
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 1999 19:11:15 -0400 (EDT)

> 3. Yep, the ABI has changed (just confirming...).
>    However, running an older lynx binary compiled against the previous
>    ncurses version mostly works when linked at runtime against the new
>    library (via a bogus symlink), but with completely wrong colors
>    (only tried an --enable-color-style binary).  Where it crashed
>    is in parsing the
>        setkey "^(cuu1)"        UPARROW
>        setkey "^(up)"          UPARROW
>    entries from a .lynx-keymaps file (no crash after commenting them out).
not entirely ncurses - I ran some more tests and found I'd missed a null
pointer check in the Lynx side (it'll be in dev.23).  The Strings array
reference in expand_tiname needs the check.

-- I don't know offhand why it would break now and not before, since before
   and after my ncurses changes it would (when the capability is undefined)
   be a null pointer.  (In fact, it didn't break this morning when I first
   ran the test, but did later, using the same ~/lynx-keymaps file, when
   I went to use Lynx to check an html file for something I'm installing ;-)

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden