lynx-dev

lynx-dev rsaref for SSL enabled lynx?

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: lynx-dev rsaref for SSL enabled lynx?
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 1999 19:01:54 -0700 (PDT)

RSA posted a notice on their ftp site on 2 April 1999 that rsaref is
no longer available for download. This may make it difficult for any
US citizens who don't already have a copy of this to build a legal
SSL-enabled lynx. Does anyone know if rsaref is still available by
email, even though not by ftp? Is there another site where a copy of
rsaref can legally be obtained by a US citizen? None of this applies
where the software patent is not recognized, outside the US. The RSA
code in SSLeay should work fine.

I've read through the rsaref license and documentation a few times.
It is still not clear to me whether or not I can make a copy of
the rsaref package for someone who agrees to the redistribution
limitations and is qualified by reason of location and citizenship to
receive it. Is this clear to anyone else on the list?
                            Doug

__
Doug Kaufman
Internet: address@hidden (preferred)