lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Anyone know of a compatible email service?

From: Christopher Smith
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Anyone know of a compatible email service?
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 1999 23:13:07 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 7 Apr 1999, Bruce Bailey wrote:

>Dear All,
<snip>
>There are plenty of free email providers, but the half dozen that I have
>explored in depth ALL require Microsoft Internet Explorer and/or Internet
>Explorer (or Windows '95) and cookies.  The PC's we are getting donated to
>us are x386's!
>
>Can anyone recommend a free web-based email service that is VERY compatible
>with Lynx?  (Please keep in mind that I am talking about access to Lynx via
>vt100 emulation on plain vanilla dial-up access.  Running the 32 bit Win
>'95 version of Lynx locally is NOT an option for this application!)

Try Hotmail.. they have an option for no frames
I view an alternate address I have with Hotmail using Lynx on just
such a setup at home.  Including the 386!
the address is www.hotmail.com
<snip

>Thank you very much.
>
>Bruce Bailey, DORS Webmaster
>http://www.dors.state.md.us/
>410/554-9211

You're welcome, of course :)

| The last time I pointed out who was to blame,   | Chris Smith             |
| I broke my finger on the mirror.                | address@hidden |