lynx-dev

lynx-dev Lynx dev

From: Jamie Ellis
Subject: lynx-dev Lynx dev
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 1999 00:04:07 -0300

Jamie Ellis
21 Alma Street
Yarmouth
April 7, 99

Your advice is required,

I am president of a rapidly expanding Freenet that is about to serve
approximately 40 000 people over a 760 sq. mile area. This service, The
Yarmouth Community Net has been using Lynx as its web server on a linux
OS for several years now.
Our arrangement with the Provincial Department of Education limits us to
providing member clients text based dial up access only (although we do
have a regular WWW Graphical presense.

Our members are demanding graphics! 'Text is anachronistic,' I hear. Be
that as it may, it raises the question, what sort of server side
improvements can be made to gussy up the appearance of Lynx? We have a
really strong Technical team who could duplicate any solutions, although
frankly, they give me the impression of 'what's the point?'

I have always enjoyed your code and browser. It is elegant and fast.
That ought to be enough. Is there more?

Sincerely,
Jamie Ellis
President YCN