lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev a note on different lynx.cfg/commandline args syntax

From: Leonid Pauzner
Subject: Re: lynx-dev a note on different lynx.cfg/commandline args syntax
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 1999 03:38:20 +0400 (MSD)

4-Apr-99 10:55 address@hidden wrote:

>> I found out that -partial_thres=xx command line argument is not working:
>> it force lynx/dev21 to resolve www.xx.com  as a host...!
>>
>> (apparently all partial_thres lynx.cfg staff is not working for me either:
>> when I save .lynxrc from the options menu it always set partial_thres=-1
>> even when there was no .lynxrc file before. Something with PARSE_INT() ?)

> I don't think so - the only problem I remember in this area was fixing
> someone's
> patch where they'd confused the items for int versus a function-pointer
> (but since all of the data are stored in the same location, except when
> debugging, then nothing was lost, just mistyped)

Fantastic!
I had a primary lynx_cfg.ok which set PARTIAL_THRES:3,
included lynx.cfg with PARTIAL_THRES:1,
and .lynxrc with partial_thres=-1

Only first is active while the second and third ignored.  Why?

                Lynx.cfg Information (Lynx Version 2.8.2dev.21)

This is read from your lynx.cfg file,
please "read" distribution's lynx.cfg for more comments.

    #Your primary configuration c:\tools\lynx\lynx_cfg.ok
PARTIAL_THRES:3
INCLUDE:c:\tools\lynx\lynx.cfg

    #<begin  c:\tools\lynx\lynx.cfg>
STARTFILE:http://lynx.browser.org/
HELPFILE:http://www.crl.com/~subir/lynx/lynx_help/lynx_help_main.html
DEFAULT_INDEX_FILE:http://www.ncsa.uiuc.edu/SDG/Software/Mosaic/MetaIndex.html
PARTIAL_THRES:1
MINIMAL_COMMENTS:TRUE
LIST_FORMAT:%a
RULE:Fail       http:*
    #<end of c:\tools\lynx\lynx.cfg>

STARTFILE:.
HELPFILE:file://localhost/c:/lynx/dist28/current/lynx_help/lynx_help_main.html
ASSUME_CHARSET:windows-1251